Sweet & Spicy Meatballs
A perfect side dish with steamed rice or an appetizer before the main course. This meatball recipe is made with an Asian twist which makes the meatballs pair very well with rice or even a nice, warm light broth or soup. My favorite way of eating them is of course dipped in some more Nam Prik Chili Sauce. If that gets too spicy, I would also recommend dipping them in the milder sweet chili sauce.
What's even better about this recipe is the abundance of green herbs in it like cilantro and green onions, making the dish very aromatic and flavorful. These meatballs aren't like any you've ever had before, I promise you that! Not too sweet, not too spicy, and just right.
- Molasses - if you don't have molasses on hand or don't like the taste of it, feel free to use honey or any form of syrup instead
- Herbs - if you don't like any of the herbs, feel free to leave them out
- Breadcrumbs - crushed saltine crackers can be used as a substitution for breadcrumbs
SWEET & SPICY MEATBALLS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahreinheit.
- Mix ground meat, chili sauce, molasses, breadcrumbs, cilantro, green onion, egg, and ginger together.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch meatballs and arrange on a large, lined baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning the meatballs halfway through cooking.
- Coat the meatballs with a drizzle of Nam Prik Chili Sauce (optional).