Cheesesteak Zucchini Boat
When I visited Philadelphia several years back, I had the chance to also try their world famous philly cheesesteak. The warm, tender, juicy meat combined with cheesy deliciousness captivated my taste buds. It's truly a unique and gentle flavor like no other. I was there in the fall, so the hearty sandwich complemented the weather perfectly.
Now that summer is fast approaching, I swapped out the buns in a philly cheesesteak for a fun summer vegetable, namely the zucchini or green squash. This recipe of cheesesteak zucchini boat delivers on its warm, meaty and cheesy flavors combined with the additional crunch and fresh sweetness from the zucchini. The secret of taking this recipe to the next level truly is the addition of our Nam Prik Chili Sauce. If you've never tried a spicy philly cheesesteak, this reimagined classic will blow your mind away.
CHEESESTEAK ZUCCHINI BOAT
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut zucchinis in half and scoop out the insides using a spoon to make zucchini bowls. Sprinkle cooking oil over the zucchinis and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 13 minutes.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook until no longer pink. Add soy sauce and Nam Prik Chili Sauce, cook for 2 more minutes. Set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter. Cook onion until softened. Add garlic and cook one minute more. Add mushroom and cooked 4 more minutes. Add bell pepper and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Return beef to the plan and add cheese. Stir and mix everything until cheese melts.
- Spoon cooked mixture into zucchini bowls. Top with more cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve and enjoy with more chili sauce.